Scott N. Richardson is a sole practitioner who handles each client's case personally. He has been a member of the Florida Bar since 1978 and is Florida Bar Board Certified in Criminal Law. AV rated by Martindale Hubbell for 20 consecutive years, he is also a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers.
- Bachelor of Arts with Honors from the University of Florida in 1975
- Juris Doctor in 1978 from the University of Florida College of Law
- Florida Bar Board Certified in Criminal Trial Law
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers: The American College of Trial Lawyers is an invitation only fellowship of exceptional trial lawyers of diverse backgrounds from the United States and Canada. The College thoroughly investigates each nominee for admission and selects only those who have demonstrated the very highest standards of trial advocacy, ethical conduct, integrity, professionalism and collegiality.
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubble for 25 consectuive years
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Palm Beach Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Mr. Richardson began his career in 1978 as a prosecutor in the Palm Beach County State Attorney's Office. After trying cases ranging from misdemeanors to homicides, Mr. Richardson entered private practice in 1982, where he represented clients in every type of criminal case: DUI, narcotics, robbery, assault and battery, traffic crimes, homicides, public corruption and more.
In 2010, Mr. Richardson joined the Palm Beach County State Attorney's Office as the First Assistant State Attorney. As second in command of that office, he was responsible for supervising more than 125 prosecutors. While there, Mr. Richardson gained a unique understanding of the working operations as well as the personnel of the State Attorney's Office, which has been invaluable since returning to private practice in early 2012.
In addition to his over 40 years of trial work, Mr. Richardson has also been involved in the training and education of lawyers in the United States and abroad. Mr. Richardson has been a member of the faculty of the Gerald Bennett Prosecutor/ Public Defender Trial Training Program of the Criminal Law Section of the Florida Bar. He has taught criminal law at law schools in Lithuania, Ukraine, Russia and Belarus. He served on the Executive Council of the Criminal Law Section of the Florida Bar, as well as on the Supreme Court Committee on Standard Jury Instructions in Criminal Cases. He has been selected for inclusion in the most recent edition of "The Best Lawyers in America."
In October 2012, Mr. Richardson was appointed by the Supreme Court of Florida to a five year term on the Florida Board of Bar Examiners. In November 2016, he was elected to the Chair position. The Florida Board of Bar Examiners administers the Florida Bar Exam and reviews the character and fitness of all those who apply to be members of the Florida Bar. Mr. Richardson is a member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association, the Palm Beach Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Mr. Richardson has twice been honored by the Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County for providing pro bono legal services to those who could not afford to hire their own attorneys.